Thursday, November 29, 2007

Masak masak for real

As a little girl, I used to love playing masak masak with my kindergarten friends. I'd be the good little wife who cleans and cooks and waits for her husband to return home from work. It's fun, I thought.

I must have been out of my mind then. When it's for real, it's anything but fun! It's not easy to set up a home, my dad told me recently. What words of wisdom, I realised, after only a few sessions of real life masak masak!


A very unsuccessful hunt for a HDB flat over 11 months.


Decision to squat in my sister's empty flat in Bukit Panjang in the interim. Imagine having to mop away 7 years' of grime! It's a seriously back breaking job...



The kitchen sink, washing machine, and fridge.
















Using our
washing machine for the first time to wash couch covers!













Door bell's ready to be rung by friends! And perhaps also sales promoters...


Coffee on the go, a way to survive the "ordeal".


Here, we salute our parents, especially the mums. You're the true superheroes! We've lots to learn from you.


No comments: