Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The long engagement

I've been having this nagging feeling for the past couple of days that a special date's coming up.

Was it an appointment I made? Don't think so...

Was it a friend's birthday? Can't be, we've already celebrated Shieen's...

Then it hit me just as I was walking back to Haem Pharmacy after morning rounds. Two years ago today Xingmin proposed to me!

Nah, there weren't any lavish celebrations, just a simple dinner of ramen at Baikohken. Xingmin's been wanting to bring me there since he was introduced to the generous portions by his brother a few weeks back. I must say each bowl's pretty filling, and the shio butter corn's really yummy. Tad too salty though, so it's lovely to have free flow of ice cold houjicha to wash it all down with.

It's amazing how the 2 years have flown by, and we give thanks to God for having watched over us as our relationship grows in His love. Next month, we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary! :)

No comments: